Today’s top pop

Tori Danford, Staff Writer

Music is a part of everyday life. As humans, we are inspired by music. It gives us the best and worst feelings to identify with. Students have different genres of music they like to listen to. The most popular genre of music students listen to is “pop.” “Pop” stands for “popular.” It came from the Western world in the 1950’s and 1960’s.
The number one place on the web where you can see videos at top of their game is on billboard.com.
“The Hills” by The Weeknd is the number one hit as of mid-November. It was published on May 27, 2015. This video depicts how you should treat girls with respect. If you don’t, you won’t get the respect you would like.
“Hotline Bling” by Drake, published on October 21, 2015, is the next big hit. Apple Music decided not to put the song up, so Drake missed out on being the number one pop song this time around. Apple Music should have the song back up for grabs soon.
“What Do You Mean?” by Justin Bieber, published on August 30, 2015, is third in the ranks. It is about when you don’t know if you want someone, and you’re pushing and pulling to either get away or move closer to them.
Earlier this year some of the top pop music was “See You Again” by Wiz Khalifa, featuring Charlie Puth, published on April 6, 2015. This song is from Fast and Furious 7 and was dedicated to Paul Walker at the end of the movie.
Another song earlier this year is “Watch Me” by Silento, published on June 25, 2015. This song is formed into a dance and is danced by millions of people everywhere.
These are just a few of the songs that have really ‘pop’ped this year. What are some of your favorites?