Fillies serve up a win at Pink Out Senior Night

Autumn Peeper
The varsity and junior varsity teams stand in a ribbon formation to show their support for breast cancer awareness.

Sierra Snavely, Staff Writer

Senior Toni Macha digs for the ball while her team members watch, ready to pounce.
Drew Tucker

The Iola High School Fillies varsity, junior varsity, and freshman volleyball teams hosted a home match Tuesday, October 11. It was the last home match for the Fillies. Wellsville, Burlington and Osawatomie were the three teams that were here to compete. The varsity Fillies first lost to Wellsville, 25-9 and 25-14. The girls made a comeback against Osawatomie, winning 25-16 and 25-20.

Junior Katie Bauer sports a pink jersey and breast cancer awareness ribbon on her socks as she spikes the ball over the net.
Drew Tucker

It was Pink Out and Senior Night. The girls wore pink jerseys and socks with a breast cancer symbol on them. For Senior Night, the senior girls were escorted out onto the court by their parents and the junior team members spoke about each of the girls. The seniors were also presented with gifts.

The underclass girls wait in line to present their gifts to the seniors. Currently, junior Karly McGuffin talks to senior Sofia Generi.
Autumn Peeper

“It was sad knowing that it was the last time I will ever play volleyball on our home court. However, Senior Night was perfect. The support from the student section was amazing and I wouldn’t change anything. I couldn’t have asked for a better last home game,” said senior Filly, Jadyn Sigg.

Senior Jaydn Sigg, intent on the ball, serves in front of her supporting crowd.
Drew Tucker