Houston, we have a homecoming

Melissa Stiffler

Tori Danford, Staff Writer

Welcome, 2015 fall homecoming! This is a great time to be outside when it’s just right. The parade will be on October 2, at 2:20 p.m. Students will be released to watch the floats, candidates, and the bands. The game, which starts at 7 p.m., will be against Central Heights.  Going to the game is a great way to support our boys and have a fun time.

This year’s homecoming candidates are Olivia Bannister, McKayli Cleaver, Mikaela Platt, Taylor Sell, Ashlie Shields, and Abigail Taylor. Boy candidates are Brice Aiello, Isiah Shaughnessy, Colby Works, Yohon Sinclair, Brett Taylor, and Kennen Badders. The junior attendants are Ben Fager and Brecken Bycroft.   

In addition to the game and parade, it’s spirit week. Let’s show your school spirit! On Lazy Monday, wear comfortable sweats and lounge pants. Twinning Tuesday, find a friend and dress like them. What’s Your Team Wednesday involves wearing your favorite sports gear, also including hat day. Color Wars Thursday is class color day! Freshman wear white, Sophomores wear red, Juniors wear orange, Seniors wear black, and Teachers wear purple. On Blue and Gold Friday, show your school spirit!

The dance theme is Space Jam. The dance will be held on Saturday, October 3rd, starting at 8 p.m. This is a great way for you to show your moves to your classmates. If you want to bring someone from out of town, don’t forget to get a permission slip in the office. The tickets cost $5 per person, and homecoming shirts cost $10. If you buy these items at the same time, then they will be a dollar off. Also, the Midnight Movie is returning this year, and will be $5.