The Messenger

The Messenger

Dodgeball tournament was a hit

(Left to right) Seniors Francisco Barria-Foschino, Braden Plumlee, and sophomore Cole Regehr prepare to take out their opponents in a friendly game of dodgeball.

Allie Utley

Allie Utley

Sierra Snavely, Staff Writer

Junior Chloe Gardner laughs after narrowly missing a projectile during a round of dodgeball.

Allie Utley

The Iola High School Student Council puts on a dodgeball tournament every year during the fall for students who would like to participate. Any of the high school boys and girls are welcome to play.

Senior Isaiah Fawson focuses in on an opponent, ready to tag them out.

Allie Utley

This year, Pool Play for all the teams (Boys, Girls, and co-ed) played their first matches on Monday, November 7. Championship Day was Wednesday, November 9. This year, there was a total of fifteen teams; four in the girl’s division, six in the co-ed division, and five in the boy’s division.

“It was very fun because I played on two teams [all boys team and co-ed team]. I had lots of fun. If one thing could be changed for next year, I would like to play with the giant rubber balls instead of using the lightweight foam ones,” says sophomore Dylan Newland.

There were three divisions and a winning team of each. For the girl’s division, Snoop-Dodgey-Dodge, made up of juniors Karly McGuffin, Katie Bauer, Scout Rush, Emma Weseloh, Colbi Riley, and Chloe Gardner knocked out their opponents. For the boy’s division, team Janitors, consisting of seniors Garrett Wade, Gage Cleaver, Chase Regehr, Colton Toney, Ben Cooper, and Joey Zimmerman pummeled the competition. For the co-ed division, Senior Citizens, made up of seniors Sydney Wade, Riley Murry, Toni Macha, Ben Cooper, Joey Zimmerman, and Garrett Wade triumphed.