Information for Prom 2017: Old Hollywood

Sierra Snavely, Staff Writer

The 2017 Iola junior/senior Prom will be on Saturday, April 22, with the Grand March starting off the night. The theme is Old Hollywood.

Tickets to the dance will be sold before school (7:30 – 7:55 a.m.), and also after school (3:40 – 4:00 p.m.) in the high school commons area, April 17 to April 21. Tickets purchased before then are $15 per person. The price will change to $20 if purchased after 4 p.m. on April 21.

If interested in inviting someone from out of town, forms are required to be filled out which requires a parent/guardian signature and approval from a principal before Wednesday, April 19. The forms for this may be found in the main office of the high school.

The Grand March begins at 6:30 p.m. Anyone who is attending the dance and participating in the march may begin lining up after 6:00 p.m. Once you arrive at the southeast corner of the high school on the front lawn, students will be directed to walk up the sidewalk to the entrance of the high school, up the stairs and then be introduced to parents and friends. Following that, the couples may return to the front lawn to take pictures with friends and/or family. All students attending prom must have already been entered back into the high school by 8:00 p.m. Anyone who is attending the dance, but would rather not participate in the Grand March, may enter the school through the west doors between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.

Each duo will have their picture taken as they walk through the Grand March. Packages will cost $10 each and include two 5x7s and 12 wallet-sized photos. Once everyone is introduced, students will be able to take pictures in groups up to six people. Large groups, like class photos, will be taken after all couples have had theirs taken.

Anyone who would like to view the prom decorations in the high school gym may on April 22 from 3:30 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. After those hours, anyone who is not a student attending the dance or a chaperone will not be allowed in the gym.