Iola High School proudly presents…

Charlie+Gordon+%5BZach+Cokely%5D+writes+down+his+thoughts+in+his+progress+journal+shortly+after+his+life-altering+surgery.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Iola High School proudly presents…

Charlie Gordon [Zach Cokely] writes down his thoughts in his progress journal shortly after his life-altering surgery.

Kaya Adair

Kaya Adair

Kaya Adair

Dyllan Jones, Editor

Tonight and tomorrow, IHS students will be performing their rendition of the play, Flowers for Algernon by David Rodgers. The story is based on a short story and novel of the same name written by Daniel Keyes. General admission is $5, but USD 257 students get in for free. The play will take place at 7 pm on both November 9 and November 10 at the Thomas H. Bowlus Fine Arts and Cultural Center.

Senior Zach Cokely, who stars as protagonist Charlie Gordon, voiced his support of the play and its performers.

“A lot of people have been working really hard. You can tell Mrs. C [Regina Chriestenson] put everything she can into it, and it’s a really heartfelt and strong performance across the board. It’s not necessarily a “fun” show, but it’s an important one, and I think a lot of people will enjoy it overall,” Cokely commented.